Commonly Asked Questions
1. What are your standard hours of operation? 8-5. Monday-Friday
2. What if my equipment needs service after your standard hours? We are available on an emergency call basis 24/7. You will need to call our 800 number and your voicemail will be emailed to the technician on call. Furthermore, calls after hours will have additional charges for travel and technician time.
3. Why is my service rate going up? Equipment is just like a car and the older it gets, the more service it requires.
4. What are your average service response times? If you call us before noon, we will generally be there that day. If you call us after noon, we’ll make our best effort to get there that afternoon, but for sure the following morning. Emergency calls will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
6. Can the technician deliver the toner I need? Sorry, but no. If they utilized their car space for supplies, it would inhibit their ability to fix equipment on a timely basis. If there is an emergency need for toner, please call the 800 number and we will do our best to meet your needs.
7. How long will it take before we receive our toner order? Usually overnight and the longest time would be 2 days.
8. Why do I have to pay shipping charges on toner? We have made the strategic decision to pass through the freight charges so we can maintain highly-competitive service rates. Ultimately, we feel that it is best to have total transparency in service and toner delivery rates.
9. How do I look on the website to find my outstanding Invoices? After you have completed the New User signup under the “Customer Login for EInfo”, Click Here for Instructions, click on the “Log in for Supplies & Service” on our website and enter your user name (email address) and password. You can see your balance owed. In rare cases, this option might not be activated. If so, please contact the office and we will activate this feature.
10. Why isn’t my meter showing up online while trying to respond to the email reading requests? It may not be due yet. Contact us and your billing date may not be the same as the request date in our system.
11. Which print driver should I use and will you assist me with installing that on my new computer? Yes. There is no single answer and it all depends on the type of computer (Mac or Windows) and what version of software you are running. You can download the driver under the “Remote Support” tab, or call and set up an appointment so this can be handled remotely. See answer #12 for more details.
12. We bought/installed a new computer . Why isn’t the installation of print drivers/scanning and/or scanning to email /folders covered under my maintenance contract? Your maintenance contract covers service on your Multi Function Devices (MFD) that was in-place at the time of installation. Any new equipment /employees/computers/software/internet providers added after installation could affect the performance of the MFD. As a result, if the performance of the MFD has been affected through your activities, then this becomes a chargeable event. We offer a Support Agreement for unlimited remote support for $7.50/month per MFD. On-Site support is billed at our normal labor rate. Click here to download a copy of the agreement.
13. How do I log into the web image monitor? You enter in the IP address of the printer into the web browser. Don’t use WWW. or .com.
14. My existing scan-to folder no longer works and how do I fix this? If your password or internet provider has changed or if your computer software has changed, this will cause your scanning function to not work properly. Again, a remote support agreement is highly recommended – please refer to answer #12.
15. How do I add more destinations to my scanner? We will set up any and all destinations at the time of equipment installation. However, should you require additional destinations, this is a chargeable event as previously described in answer #12. If you are constantly requiring additional destinations, a remote support agreement is highly recommended.
16. Can I do mobile printing to my printer? The new Lanier/Ricoh models have this option built into the software. If you have an older model that doesn’t have the software, you may need to download the app on your phone/tablet called Smart Device Print&Scan. You must have a wireless network to utilize this option. We can come onsite and set it up for you at our standard billing rates. Click HERE to read more on mobile printing options.
17. How do you print a mail merge in Microsoft Publisher or any other software? Please contact the software company’s technical support.
18. Can I still fax in my meter reading instead of inputting them online? Yes.
19. What is Document Management and do you offer these services? Yes we do and it is management of your documents electronically by scanning them into a computer, rather than filing them in a cabinet. You save time, money, security of data and office space by using Document Management Software. We are selling affordable software solutions that fit your size of business. Click Here for a 2 Minute Video.
20. Do you offer 3D printing? Yes. See the “Partners and Support” link on the front page of our webpage and click on MakerBot.
21. What types of paper can I run through my copier? Different models have different specs. You want to use the appropriate m/g2 (not the pound amount) that can be found in the Owners Manual (CD format) under Specifications. This manual came with your machine when we delivered and installed the equipment.
22. What options are available at the end of the lease? You can purchase it for fair market value, upgrade the machine, rewrite the existing lease (pending age of the machine) at a reduced monthly payment or let the lease renew month to month. It does not renew annually with a lease from Counsel.
23. Who is my sales rep and how can I contact them? Our reps are assigned by geographic territory. Click on the “Contact Us” tab and we will get that information to you.
24. How do I get a copy of my lease or maint agreement? Please contact your sales rep.
25. How do i use my touch screen to do ..?.. ?? Click Here to link to Lanier / Ricoh’s “How To” Website.